Monday, September 13, 2010

Takin' er up north...

I will start off by expressing my gratitude for my employer's family. Such kind-hearted, thoughtful people - allowing employees to use their personal cabins.

It took us a while to get moving on Thursday. I went to sleep, and woke up, with a giant headache... making it very hard to get packed. Finally at about noon we were picking up Sue and on the road.

Isla doesn't really dig long car rides. She wasn't too pleasant on the way there (or way back). We had to stop about an hour before Grand Rapids to change her and walk her around. It was a planned stop, just a bit earlier than planned. The dogs piddled and we were back on our way.

We stopped in Grand Rapids for groceries. Isla really appreciated the time out of the car. She was great the rest of the way.

When we were finally on the "home stretch" on Hwy 6 things were going great. Isla was content, we were getting pumped - but we all know that happiness couldn't last. All of a sudden out darted a cat across the road! :-( Needless to say - we hit it. There was no avoiding it. Sorry to the unfortunate family of that poor little kitty. RIP.

Finally we arrived at the cabin! When we saw it we were all like kids in a candy store!

First of all... these cabins aren't cabins at all. They are log homes tucked away on a plethora of private land and lake shore. There are three of them, two of which are utilized by employees. Each one has a fishing boat, pontoon, pool, hot tub, and sauna.They share a tennis court and PRIVATE 9-HOLE GOLF COURSE. We utilized all but the tennis court.

Isla was such a good girl during our stay, too. I really think she enjoyed napping on the TempurPedic-style king sized bed in the master bedroom. I know I did! We brought her jumperoo and she joined us near the pool and hot tub all weekend! She LOVES being outside. Takes after daddy!

The doggies were in doggy heaven!! They got to run around, fetch balls and sticks, chase squirrels, jump in the pool, and they even met a new "friend." Saturday night, a gorgeous, young black husky came to visit. It had tags, so his owners had to be around nearby. He stuck around til at LEAST 6'oclock the next morning. :-( I hope he is alright. I did call the number on his tag, which brought me to his vet. I left a message explaining where he was - so hopefully someone found him.

We had to keep an eye out for eagles with the doggies outside. When Scooter was out, especially, the eagles would hover as if watching for the right moment. I've definitely heard of little doggies getting snatched up by eagles. The doggies almost went golfing with us until I saw the eagles hanging around... then they did it again on Sunday. Darn birds trying to eat my pups.

Rich and I stayed until 6 pm on Sunday (yeah, didn't get home until 10:30). We wanted to take Sunday slow and enjoy our last day! How often do we get to enjoy something as amazing as that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment