Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sharing a "One in a Million Chance" Story

On my momslikeme.com site there is this darling girl that was told one day that the "squirt" inside her probably didn't have a chance... As of the other day, "squirt" is still there! Here is her story:

"So, as most of you have read, I was told last Tuesday, that Squirt (my bun in the oven) did not have a heart beat, and was missing from the sac. They figured he/she just didnt form, and it was left at that. Yesterday, I still hadn't felt like I passed the pregnancy and had a follow up with my dr. She brought me to a surgical room to start the DnC process. I was in tears walking in. She sat me down and said this happens, and I will be okay. I asked her what my levels were. She said "Of the 5 other women in the same position as you today, you have the lowest levels." I accepted with tears, and asked what the chance was that there was a baby. She said, "Kailly, I hate to say this, but you have a one in a million chance that there is a baby."

We started the procedure. She did an ultrasound to see where everything was placed and said Id be all done soon, and could head home to rest. Well, the machine didn't want to work, so we battled for about 10 minutes. Then she got a clear picture. All she said was "HOLY SHI*" I asked what was going on. She spun the screen, and there on the screen was a blob with a heartbeat. Squirt is back!!!!!
Now, there seem to be some complications, so we arent out of the water yet. She even had other doctors come in to look. One said Squirt is easily a miracle. I too, am shocked!!! There is another ultrasound on Friday, and  Ill get pictures. There I'll find out why the yolk sac thing is so big, and why the baby is so small. While not out of the water, I couldnt help but share with my favorite moms!!!
So, I thank you for all your support! And I thank god, for my one in a million miracle. Ive been on cloud nine for the last 26 hours"

I'm so happy for her! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment