Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Isla's *second* camping plus old folks experience

Saturday afternoon we packed up our gear and headed to Victoria for some quick camping. We got this beautiful spot on the lake.

We were a bit nervous starting the day because it had been raining cats and dogs! But the sky cleared up just in time for our night of camping fun.

It was super warm, but as the night went on the temp dropped quick. Isla was all bundled up in her fleece and after a good hour of trying to get her to snooze, she finally tuckered out! OMG did she look so comfy in the hammock asleep! I PROMISE I WILL ADD PICTURES ONCE IM HOME. 


After Isla went to sleep, Rich and I enjoyed the night playing cards under the stars and by the fire. We heard tons of coyotes and something else rustling around... A little creepy, but cool.

I didn't sleep too well. I got sweaty and started to get cold in the hammock. Then I woke up pretty stuffy in the morning. All in all, we had a great time!


Then on Sunday we had lunch with my sister Melissa, her boyfriend Zack, and my nieces Emilee and Ella. After lunch we visited my Gramma and Grampa in the assisted living home Grampa resides in in Hudson.

While there we met a couple fun characters. :-) One in particular stands out... I will call him Flatulent Fred. ;-) Need I say more?

We had a really great time chatting with them. I miss them a lot.


Sunday night we enjoyed the movie "Killers" with Katherine Heigel and Ashton Kutcher. I found it quite funny and would definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment