Thursday, September 23, 2010

Isla Loves Mexican Cuisine

I started Isla last night on avocados! This is such a funny story... Here's how it worked:
I mashed up the avocados in a bowl. I used only a tiny bit of lime in the mix and put it in her mouth on a spoon. She was a little confused at first. She was definitely getting the feel of it, pushing it back and forth with her tongue. After she seemed like she had enough I cleaned her up and gave her a bottle.
When she was drinking her bottle, I made myself some guacamole. A teeny bit of cilantro, lime, and roma tomatoes were pureed and added. I did NOT use onions in this recipe - only some light herbs.
After she was done with her bottle, I sat her next to me on the couch and I started eating my chips and guac. She couldn't take her eyes off of me! So I thought 'What the heck... I'll give her a taste.' I put a teeny bit on my finger and she opened her mouth WIDE (as if she knew exactly what was going on) and closed down on the guac. She went CRAZY for it!! Kept begging for more!
Apparently my child is like me... gotta add flavor to those fruits and veggies! ;-)
At first I was giving her little bites on my finger, then I thought - I don't want her getting into the habit of eating off my finger. So I grabbed the spoon and she continued to eat. Eventually I had to stop, even though she was begging for more! AT 4 MONTHS!
That's my lil piggy! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. She is too funny! I can't blame her for loving it. Guac is pure heaven.

    ReplyDelete