Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rob from the rich...?

So Monday was an intense day.

Started out fine at about 7 am... Isla wasn't crabby, I didn't oversleep, etc. I knew that I had to be to the office by ten minutes to 8 to turn on the phones for Eileen. With plenty of time for me to get my daily Starbucks fix and a bite to eat I left the house about about 7:39 am.

I hopped into the Mazda, started her up and pulled out of my parking spot. I turned the corner towards the main road and was halted by two police officers - one with a VERY LARGE GUN. You know, the kind that the army uses when they guard the borders? Yes, that kind of gun. They were keeping a black car from leaving the drive. I watched as they searched the trunk and speak firmly to the people in the car.

As I sat there in my car more officers arrived on the "scene." They all spoke quite seriously, yet calmly. One officer told the first officer on the scene to "tell the people in those cars to go back into the parking lot." I was pretty worried at this point, because I needed to get to the office - and soon!

Luckily the first officer had a heart and told the other officer "I don't think that's gonna happen. These folks need to get to work." He then proceeded to move his car slightly to the right so I and the others could slip through.

Finally at about 7:50 I was up and running! I didn't, however, get to enjoy my delicious Starbucks. That ruined my day.


I later found out that the reason for all that hussle and bussle was because the TCF (less than a block from my home) had an attempted robbery. Apparently the get-away car had been stashed in my townhome's parking lot. The car in front of me was NOT the get away car... just a suspicious couple.

I'm almost glad they didn't catch them, because if they had gotten close, those robbers could have easily made this a hostage situation with someone in our complex. They didn't get away with any cash... so it's all good.

I have to say, though, that they must have been noob, because they chose a bank that is 2 blocks from the cop station. Wow... Wow... Wow.

4 comments:

  1. That's scary stuff! Congrats on the blog, Jess!!! I love that picture of you and Chardo.

    P.S. What does "noob" mean???? "They must have been noob." I'm getting old and out of touch with the lingo. I still don't know who Justin Beaver is, or however you spell it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're funny Jaclyn. Justin Bieber :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you guys seen the video on the internet where Justin Beaver gets hit in the head with a water bottle? Yea, I paid $100 just to throw that bottle at his head, eeeeeeeh.

    A noob or n00b is someone that lacks intellegance or common sense, most people think that noob is a word used only in the online gaming world, but in reality it is becoming an ever popular word with teenage society.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=noob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh geez... this is why I live in WISCONSIN!!! :)

    ReplyDelete