Thursday, September 2, 2010

Because she's so cute...

One of the main reasons for this blog is my darling daughter Isla Bee. Here's a bit of background from her oh-so hectic life! ;-)

DOB: May 11, 2010

Right now she has strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. She is a bundle of personality - talking up a storm! She has been sleeping through the night for about 2.5 months and it's really been a blessing!

But it hasn't all been a piece of cake. Since she was born she has had problems with her little baby tummy. We started noticing right before her two week appointment. We have tried a few different formulas for her, finally discovering a "lactose free" formula - not soy based.

Now that she's been on that for about a month or so, we are finally starting to see a big change! She is no longer extremely crabby in the evening, when she would have her "spells," and she seems so much happier!

Her development seems to be right on cue! She holds her head up great and is grabbing at toys. She's almost discovered her feet... I think that's coming soon.

She loves when I sing to her - she seems to want to sing back. She moves her feet as if walking or dancing (in her Jumperoo) when I dance/jump with her. She watches me as I work out on Wii Fit and tries to copy my movements. It's the greatest thing to watch her interact!


We have her room decorated all fun and pink. I call it "Confessions of a Shopaholic." She loves looking at all of the pictures - it's very stimulating! We might have one side affect - she may grow up to be a shopaholic! ;-)

Until next time...


MommyStarbucks

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog from moms like me, and have enjoyed reading. :) My baby girl also has some tummy issues. For the most part, I feed her breast milk, but when I need to feed her formula for any reason, she usually throws up the whole bottle. I'm also wondering if there is some lactose stuff going on. Hmm. . .

    ReplyDelete