Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sloppy dogs and open bars.

First I want to say GOOD JOB to my husband who ran the Bolder Dash on Saturday morning. He did so great! He wanted to get a race in before the TC Marathon, and I don't blame him. Races are so fun - the people cheering you on help with endurance! It's nuts!

Isla and I had a good time cheering on daddy! It may have been sprinkling a bit, but the sun kept peeking through making it worth it! I was pleasantly surprised to see that Starbucks was the coffee sponsor of the event! ;-)

I watched this one dad with a huge camera carrying around his toddler in one of those back packs. At one point he kneeled down and the boy went flying over the top! Super man style! The dad caught him and the boy just giggled. It was pretty funny...only because he didn't get hurt!

After that we got back, showered, etc and around 12:45 Rich and I started our quest to Iowa for Mikki's wedding. Kelly was at the house with Isla and the doggies for that day and night.

While driving I got hungry (of course), so we stopped at a little DQ. We both ordered Chili Cheese Dogs, which is usually my favorite at DQ. Well, not this time! I think some how they mistook chili for SLOPPY JOE sauce. Mmmm... A sloppy dog. Not too pleasant.

After about 3 hours of driving we arrived in Estherville, IA. Went straight to the hotel and some how managed to be roomed right next to all of our friends! How that happened... we don't know! Rich and I got the jacuzzi suite - very roomy!

We all got ready and headed over to the wedding. Mikki looked beautiful! The food was good and so was the beer! Maybe a little TOO good? ;-)

We kicked off our shoes and danced the night away. Then headed back to MN after a dip in the jacuzzi in the morning!

Thanks Mikki and Tyson for such a great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment