Thursday, September 2, 2010

Last minute company parties are a BLAST...

A bit of sarcasm in the title...

So, we are having a company Vikings tailgate party on Sept 9. The reason for this little bbq is the kickoff to the season for the Vikes. I was given this task on Friday... giving me 7 work-days to coordinate. Typically I work quite well under pressure... I am working well under THIS pressure, however it has been quite the task.

Everything was going great UNTIL Monday my promo lady kept giving me bad news about the items we are giving to the employees... "They don't have that available anymore...." "They keep flying out the door..." Etc etc...

I've had to get the catering coordinated (with the caterer less than helpful, since he's been unavailable 4 out of 6 days), posters, invites, and emails created, arrange the space - rain or shine, order and muster up gifts, give aways, and tickets.... And more all in about a week.

THEN after getting things squared away with our head count, gifts, and catering, etc... I got a notice from one of our VP's that we are also inviting our neighboring company to the party. Yes, 66 employees might not seem like much, but add that to 115 and you've got some problems... especially when working with a tight budget. Now THIS is a test of my "skills" so to speak. ;-) I won't cut corners, but we will definitely be pinching the penny a bit more.

To top this delightful "ice cream sundae" off - I won't even be at the event to enjoy it! However, I can't complain. I will be at the company's cabin from the 9th - 12th with a great group of friends.

All I can say is - that darn caterer better call me back tomorrow - or sh!t will be hitting the fan! ;-)

Until next time...



MommyStarbucks

No comments:

Post a Comment