Sunday, September 5, 2010

New cameras... Kickin' it to some Country music... and the MN State Fair!

As Isla takes her morning nap, I am sipping on my homemade skinny vanilla latte and pondering about what this Labor Day Weekend has already brought.

Firstly - it's been a blast!

Started my Friday with playing around with my "new" camera I bought from Markus (my good friend and coworker). I saw these amazing photos framed in his office and he said "I took those with this camera that I'm selling..." So I bought it. HA

Friday night was great! My bff/cousin Julia drove to ChanHappenin from our home state of WI to hang out. We started the evening out by visiting America's Best Eye Care in Shakopee to pick up more contacts and order some new glasses. SIDEBAR: Discovered a week ago that in the past three years my right eye has changed significantly (for the bad) but my left eye is unchanged. Since this is the first time in over 6 years I have worn contacts the doc needed to check them out in my eyes before he got me more... Well I wasn't wearing my contacts that he gave me (free trials)... So needless to say I was unable to get more contacts that day. I must revisit early this week. Anyway, I did get some new glasses. Hey, you can't beat two pair for $69.99! Plus I got a 20% discount! After taxes, etc, I paid $60. What a steal!

Moving on....

After all of that we went home to hang with Rich and Isla. We had a delicious Spaghetti dinner that we ALL made together (I know, cute, right?). We ate wayyy too much. After dinner Julia and I got ready to go pick up my other BFF Sue.

We picked up Sue and headed to Maplewood to dance to some Country music at the Dive Bar! Wow did we have a blast! Its the first time in a long time I got to just go out with my girls and let loose! Apparently early in the night a dance instructor teaches (mostly ladies) some line dancing moves. We enjoyed watching the other ladies so some fun, synchronized dancing all night. We did, however, throw in some of our own kickin' moves! ;-) We met some great people that will be good friends for life!


Saturday midday we lazied around the house and hung out with Isla. In the afternoon Julia and I went to the MN State Fair. Like always, I had an amazing time. Lots of walking, talking, and eating was involved.

Later in the night Julia went home :-( and Rich and I ended the night watching Dexter, season 4. GREAT show!



Until next time...



MommyStarbucks

No comments:

Post a Comment