Friday, July 20, 2012

My Big Fat Sales Career

I had a poop-stick day at work.

I don't know if I've blogged about it yet, but I am now working in sales. I love my job most of the time and definitely love the people I work with.

HOWEVER... I don't always love the people I deal with over the phone.

I know it is only my first week of selling and I shouldn't be so hard on myself, but today was one of those "mope" days.

I made a sale to a Doctor on Wednesday. Thursday was "get papers signed day" for this particular sale. It was impossible to get in touch with the doctor, then all of a sudden he had a "question" about something... but wouldn't actually talk to me. He had his secretary talk to me - no chance to answer his questions "voice to voice." After a full day of the run-around, I called again today at around 2 pm (Friday). Yet again, I had to speak to his secretary... And she says "Oh, the doctor said if you happen to call again to tell you that he is no longer interested."

BIG EFF YOU, dude. Thanks for wasting 3 days of my life.


Monday is a new day, a new project, and a new opportunity. I'm looking on the bright side of things - I will never have to talk to that ass hole EVER AGAIN. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment