Monday, February 21, 2011

Isla's First Tooth and Da Yoopers

Went snowboarding in da U.P. (Wakefield) this weekend. Had a blast!

Isla stayed with my sister in Chippewa Falls for the weekend and they had a great time! She finally got her first tooth! She was cranky from Wednesday morning through Saturday. Sunday came and she was as happy as a clam (just in time to see momma and da da)!

In da U.P. I learned how to carve! It's been a long time coming. Kelly helped me get past my nerves. I'm so glad I did! Snowboarding is WAYY more fun now. Needless to say, I've got the itch to go again!

From the snow melting and freezing Thurs and Fri, we were stuck boarding on "groomed" ice. So everytime I fell, I felt it! I have bruises to prove it! I also twisted my ankle coming off of the scary chair lift... That, luckily, will heal on its own.

Snowstorm hit the entire state of Wisconsin and most of Minnesota on the way back. That made for a very long/stressful 10 hour trip home. But we made it home safe.


As for our impression of the Indianhead Mountain Resort we stayed at... It was alright. Our hot tub stopped working after the first night, which was sad. Comparing it with Lutsen Caribou Highlands, Lutsen wins hands down. We will probably stick with that from now on.



No comments:

Post a Comment